Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Programs of interest.

3 posters

Go down

TV Programs of interest. Empty TV Programs of interest.

Post  TimS Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:49 pm

Have a look at the Classic Team Lotus website latest 2009 quarterley review for details about some great TV programs due to be shown on 11th, 12th & 13th April at 7.00pm on BBC4. They include a documentary on Jim Clark.
www.classicteamlotus.co.uk
Cheers, Tim. Smile
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

TV Programs of interest. Empty The Gadget Show episode 4

Post  Trigger Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:21 am

Brilliant, Thanks Tim

... And for those of you who missed it (including me) here is the video for the Gadget Shows episode featuring the Lotus type 119c. Play the Gadget Show episode 4

Gadget Show wrote:
Jason and Ortis embark on one of the biggest challenges they have ever faced. Their mission is to create and race the best soapbox racer they can. To get an idea of the enormity of the task they have taken on, the pair visit Donington Park racetrack – the future home of Formula One’s British Grand Prix – to try out the UK’s most successful soapbox racer, the Lotus 119c. Developed by Lotus Cars over four years, this incredible machine is capable of reaching 60mph in 4.3 seconds as well as hitting speeds of over 60mph down a 45-degree slope – all without an engine.

Next, Jason and Ortis head to Loughborough College in the Midlands, where they work with a team of engineers to create the most aerodynamic soapbox possible. Their machine is designed to support their full body weight while running on minimal-friction wheels.

Finally, the duo head for Cadwell Park – one of the steepest racetracks in the country – where they compete against each other in a time trial to decide who will go head-to-head in a no-holds-barred race against the Lotus 119c. The ensuing race throws up some truly dramatic results – but will the presenters emerge unscathed?

Also in the programme, guest presenter and gadget fan Gail Porter joins the team in the studio to list her top-five April Fools’ Day gadgets. Ortis profiles some amazingly coordinated flying helibots that he discovered on a recent trip to the States; and Jon meets designer Linda Barker as he sets out to discover the sexiest desktop computers money can buy. The Gadget Show episode 4

TV Programs of interest. 2003-Lotus-Type-119B
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

TV Programs of interest. Empty Re: TV Programs of interest.

Post  TimS Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:09 pm

I'm not sure what's going on with these programs, the Jackie Stewart documentary was shown on Saturday at 7.00pm - it was great, but no sign of the others, it could be that they are on each Saturday on BBC4 so keep an eye on the listings for the Jim Clark one.
Cheers,
Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:31 am

The Jim Clark film should have been yesterday. The new date is 18th April, early evening.

John
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger
The phantom thread killer

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  TimS Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:53 pm

Thanks John, I'll watch it after Donington then. Smile
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:18 pm

I've programed my Freesat box to record it; I hope Rolling Eyes
Oh sometimes I wish I had a teenager at home again Shocked

Cheers
John
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger

Back to top Go down

Post  TimS Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:07 pm

I'm the same John.... Embarassed blasted FreeSat box drives me mad, since changes to the digital signals and bandwidths I've had to get two FreeSat boxes to receive a decent picture, but recording via the existing recorder is very confusing to say the least...I must be getting old Question or just stupid I guess Laughing
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:55 pm

TimS wrote:I'm the same John.... Embarassed blasted FreeSat box drives me mad, since changes to the digital signals and bandwidths I've had to get two FreeSat boxes to receive a decent picture, but recording via the existing recorder is very confusing to say the least...I must be getting old Question or just stupid I guess Laughing

Well you've lost me there with the two box solution, must have a chat at Donington.
On my Humax ICord you have to tune in the channels & sort the favourites with a computer program & then transfer the data via a USB stick, talk about complicated. Confused! Tell me about it Embarassed
No doubt about it; a teenager in the house can be a blessing????? Shocked

Cheers
John
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum