Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M100 hardtop

4 posters

Go down

M100 hardtop Empty M100 hardtop

Post  peter520 Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:34 am

I would like to start a discussion on fitting a hardtop to the Elan.

Lets presume we accept the asthetics ( I do ) and assume we don't have a Thousand pounds for the real thing, which I believe lotus made a few of in 1991. I have a poor Hood on my car and with our weather I am loathed to spend £600 on a new Hood + £450 on a set of seals only to still have the dreaded leaks.

I understand through Elan Central that someone may start making a limmited run hardtop and I have seen a very nice M100 with one at Stoneliegh , but no price's available.

has anyone seen a Targa top on an Elan?
Would an MX5 / MGTF top fit?

I hope this sparks some idea's and will not offend the purists.

peter
peter520
peter520
Lotus Drivers Club Member
Lotus Drivers Club Member

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

M100 hardtop Empty Re: M100 hardtop

Post  tashuka Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:22 am

well i don't know which way to point, but i'm curious as to how you get along with this.

how about getting a design that folds? which would still have similar qualities of soft top, but added protection...
tashuka
tashuka
Club Photographer & Forum Moderator
Club Photographer & Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2008-07-15

http://www.tashuka.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

M100 hardtop Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:45 pm

Welcome along Peter ...

You are indeed correct that several people on Lotus Elan Central have put into limited production a fibre glass hard top design for the M100. If you are intending in going along to Donington this year at the end of April then it would be a great chance to see some of these designs in person.

I am not sure where they got the designs from, whether from Lotus or one off, but I have seen a few around that boast this feature. Although I am keen on the idea I am not a fan in particular as I bought the Elan for its stunning looks with the soft top and even more so with out it up.

No doubt you have had a good look on LEC and to add I'm sure in no way will anyone be offended in yourself pursuing the same idea. In fact I wish you the best of luck and hope we can help and see its progression.

CJ

M100 hardtop Hardtop01

M100 hardtop Hardtop02
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

M100 hardtop Empty M100 hardtop

Post  M100DavidM Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:49 pm

As a new owner of a M100 elan and tired of getting wet I am keen to find out if this thread resulted in a good loooking hardtop being found.

M100DavidM

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Back to top Go down

M100 hardtop Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:07 pm

M100DavidM wrote:As a new owner of a M100 elan and tired of getting wet I am keen to find out if this thread resulted in a good loooking hardtop being found.
Hello and welcome.

I would never be tempted to get a hard top for the M100 because as Clarkson puts it "you have a million miles of head room" and I just don't think it looks good on such a pretty sports car. But there are those who would like one, for the reason you have stated as well as others. Have a look at this page ... this is the sort of price and quality hardtop which you can get your hands on: http://forum.lotuselancentral.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16482&p=219233&hilit=hardtop#p219233

Lotus genuine hardtop
M100 hardtop Hardtop_web

SPC Design: http://www.spcdesign.co.uk/
M100 hardtop Lotus14web
Trigger
Trigger

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down